Award and Description
More than Robots!
This judged award celebrates the team that exemplifies the essence of the FIRST Tech Challenge competition through team building, team spirit and exhibited enthusiasm. This team embraces the culture of FIRST and clearly demonstrates what it means to be a team. This is a team who makes a collective effort to make FIRST known throughout their school and community, and sparks others to embrace the culture of FIRST.
Required criteria for the Motivate Award:
• Team must demonstrate respect and Gracious Professionalism® toward everyone they encounter at an FIRST Tech Challenge event.
• The Team is an ambassador for FIRST programs.
• Team can clearly demonstrate the successful
recruitment of new teams, mentors, coaches and volunteers who are not otherwise active within the STEM community.
• Team can articulate the individual contributions of each team member, and how these attribute to the overall success of the Team.
Strongly suggested criteria for the Motivate Award:
• All team members participate in their presentation, and actively engage with the judges.
• Team can show a creative approach to materials that market the team and FIRST.