Award and Description
Mastering robot intelligence.
The Control Award celebrates a team that uses sensors and software to enhance the robot’s functionality on the field. This award is given to the team that demonstrates innovative thinking in the control system to solve game challenges such as autonomous operation, enhancing mechanical systems with intelligent control, or using sensors to achieve better results on the field. The control component should work consistently on the field. The team’s Engineering Notebook must contain details about the implementation of the software, sensors, and mechanical control.
Required criteria for the Control Award:
• Team must demonstrate respect and Gracious Professionalism® toward everyone they encounter at an FIRST Tech Challenge event.
• Team must apply for the Control Award by filling out the Control Award Content Sheet, located in Game Manual Part I, Appendix 3.
• The Engineering Notebook must include an Engineering Section that documents the control components.
• Control Components must enhance the functionality of the robot on the field.
Strongly suggested criteria for the Control Award:
• Advanced software techniques and algorithms are
• Control Components should work reliably.